The Mississippi Department of Transportation is matching funds for upcoming improvement projects at federal airports.
The move was authorized by the Mississippi Transportation Commission.
The funds will provide 50 percent of the local matching share to grants funded by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Matching share funds were approved for the following airports:
- $4,000- Tishomingo County Airport, Belmont: Acquire land for runway approaches and obstruction removal.
- $12,000- Booneville-Baldwyn Airport, Booneville: Remove obstructions, improve runway safety area, rehabilitate apron and update airport master plan.
- $11,000- Columbus-Lowndes County Airport, Columbus: Obstruction removal in approaches.
- $55,000- Golden Triangle Regional Airport, Columbus/West Point: Land acquisition and rehabilitate general aviation apron.
- $10,000- Roscoe Turner Field, Corinth: Install perimeter fencing and rehabilitate apron.
- $24,000- Eupora Municipal Airport, Eupora: Overlay and mark runway, taxiway and apron.
- $14,000- Grenada Municipal Airport, Grenada: Rehabilitate concrete apron joints and crack repair on runway.
- $16,000- Holly Springs- Marshall County Airport, Holly Springs: Land acquisition and obstruction removal.
- $8,000- Houston Municipal Airport, Houston: Construct access taxiways.
- $18,000- Iuka Airport, Iuka: Rehabilitate runway lighting and update airport layout plan (ALP).
- $10,000- Louisville-Winston County Airport, Louisville: Update ALP, access road improvements and phase 1 runway and apron rehabilitation.
- $10,000- New Albany-Union County Airport, New Albany: Install precision approach path indicators (PAPI).
- $12,000- Okolona Municipal Airport, Okolona: Replace runway lighting.
- $200,000- University-Oxford Airport, Oxford: Runway extension justification, east ramp development project and runway gradient correction project.
- $5,000- Prentiss-Jefferson Davis County Airport, Prentiss: Update ALP and rehabilitate apron.
- $54,000- George M. Bryan Field, Starkville: Improve runway safety and object free areas.
- $22,000- Tupelo Regional Airport, Tupelo: Seal and mark runway, install perimeter fencing and erosion control for runway safety area.
- $14,000- Water Valley Municipal Airport, Water Valley: Install fuel farm and cantilever gate.
- $15,000- Winona-Montgomery County Airport, Winona: Construct T- hangars and taxilanes.
MDOT works to maintain and improve highways and interstates but also to provide a safe intermodal transportation network for airports, ports and waterways, railroads and public transit systems.
The department says each plays a vital role in transporting goods and services that promote economic growth and development.