Sugar Land Regional Airport will receive $2.8 million in funding for its proposed airport improvements to meet Federal Aviation Administration standards, according to Community Impact Newspaper.
The funding will provide 90 percent of the total funds needed to remove and replace an aircraft hangar and is the first phase of a larger project to work towards FAA compliance. The airport will cover the remaining 10 percent of the hangar project.
The airport is relocating Taxiway Foxtrot to be 250 feet away from the runway to comply with regulations. It will be completed in three years and is expected to begin in 2015, Community Impact Newspaper reported.
Sugar Land Regional Airport isn’t the only airport undergoing changed. Both Bush Intercontinental Airport and Hobby Airport are undergoing extensive construction projects.
Hobby Airport is welcoming its first international flights with a five-gate terminal. Southwest Airlines is completely funding the multimillion-dollar terminal construction project.
IAH airport $1.5 billion Terminal D improvements will completely demolish Terminal D to make room for the plethora of international airlines flying to and from Houston.